Lemony Pan-Seared Chicken w/ Roasted Tomatoes
A simple recipe that packs a zesty punch. Mix science into your meal through the way it is prepared! By marinating the chicken overnight or throughout the day, with sliced lemon, it will provide your meal with a bright, citrus flavor. The roasted tomatoes support the lemon with color, freshness, and help to round out the flavor base of the chicken. Your brain recognizes acidic notes as if they were salt, therefore, by marinating the chicken this way you can avoid the added salt and have a similar taste experience!
- 2 tsp Canola Oil
- 8 4 oz Chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- 1⁄2 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 tsp Salt
- 3 or 1 can Diced Plum tomatoes, fresh, roasted or 14.5oz can, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup Green olives, stuffed sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1⁄2 cup Yellow and Red Bell Peppers sliced thinly
- 1 Lemon, fresh sliced thin
- Parsley for garnish fresh chopped
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with pepper and salt and lay into pan skin side down. Cook until browned on both sides- for about 4 minutes per side.
Add diced tomatoes, olives and garlic and peppers to pan spooning the mixture over the pieces of chicken; reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until chicken is done (the internal temperature has reached 165°F).
Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy.