Impress your guests with a rich and exotic dessert based on the traditional French pastry. Using tarragon, a popular herb in French cuisine will provide an enhanced sweetness from the cinnamon, juicy peaches, and sticky-sweet honey. You can also give your heart health a boost from the tarragon which contains potassium and regulates your cholesterol levels with cinnamon.
- 1⁄2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1⁄2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1⁄4 cup Almond Flour (ground almonds) (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Natural sweetener- such as Stevia or Raw Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 Tbsp Butter, unsalted cubed in small pieces, cold
- 3 Tbsp Water, ice-cold
- 3 cups Peaches, fresh or frozen sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp Tarragon, Fresh (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Natural sweetener- such as Stevia, Honey or Raw Sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- 1⁄4 cup Cranberries, dried chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F; oil and flour the bottom and sides of an 8-inch pie pan.
- Blend together all ingredients for the peaches mixture in a large bowl; cover and set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, and salt and whisk together well;
- Add butter the dry mix by breaking it up into smaller pieces with your hands- careful not to allow it to melt in your hands. Add the oil and blend together with a fork until the entire mixture is evenly moistened.
- Knead the dough in the bowl a few times and then turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead the dough a few more times until it just holds together. Shape into a 5-inch disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out with a floured rolling pin on a floured surface; roll the dough out to a 12-inch disk of about a 1⁄4 of an inch thick and place evenly into the pie pan
- Let the excess dough hang over the edges of the pan.
- Arrange the peaches in a circular, shingled fashion around and throughout the crust. And pour the excess liquid over the top of the peaches.
- Fold the excess crust onto the top of the peaches, in a folded fashion.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes until crust is nicely browned; let cool or serve warm.