Zucchini - Parmesan Chips
Taste zucchini in a new way. Cut back on the fatty, deep fried options and substitute it with this easy to make, keto-friendly snack! The crispness of the parmesan lays on top of the oven dried zucchini, combining the fruity, nutty taste of cheese with the nutritional benefits of the vegetable. These flavors are baked with olive oil to create a light, healthy, yet satisfying experience for your tastebuds.
- 2 Zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, freshly shredded or grated
- 2 tbsp Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tsp + 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tsp + 1 tbsp
- 1 Garlic Clove fresh, grated (optional)
- to taste Salt
- to taste black pepper, cracked
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Evenly coat a baking sheet with 1 tsp of the olive oil
- Toss the sliced zucchini in the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and garlic; dip each zucchini round into the parmesan mixture, coating evenly. Place the rounds in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake until the rounds are brown and crisp or 25 to 30 minutes
- Remove from baking sheet with spatula and serve immediately
FOOD NERD FACTS
- Zucchini is commonly known as a summer squash though they are in season much longer! Typically zucchini is in season May through December.
- Parmesan cheese contains the “umami” flavor. Umami, or savory, is the lesser known of the 5 basic flavors, the other four are: sweet, sour, salt, and bitter.