Hey Food Nerds!!
IT’S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR! That’s Right! It’s GARLIC SEASON! 😉
If you love to cook and flavor with Garlic, this is the time of year (between September and January) where flavor is at its peak (Richer, Fuller and Sweeter)!
- Garlic is a part of the Allium genus of plants that contains over 500 species including onions, shallots and leeks.
- It is originally native to grow in central Asia.
- Their strong pungent smell was originally thought to be the plant’s defense mechanism to deter animals from eating them.
- Studies have shown that aged garlic can decrease the severity of cold and flu symptoms https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22280901/
- Want to get rid of the smell of garlic on your hands? Try rubbing your hands on a stainless steel object under cold water.
In this video, we show you how to chop, mince and even create a paste from garlic. Enjoy!
Leave A Comment